FRONT DOOR DIVERSION PROGRAM (FDDP)
Embracing the potential for a better future.
WHAT IS FDDP?
NYAP’s Front Door Diversion Program empowers individuals who are being considered for possible long-term mental health care with a more peaceful community-living option after hospital discharge.
FDDP assists and transitions individuals into independence within their own space while seeking supportive community programming that best fits their needs instead of putting them in long-term care (LTC) facilities,
NYAP believes that individuals learn lessons best in the communities they call home. FDDP allows this growth to happen safely in patients' home environments.
- Case Management: Appropriate handling of each situation
- Care Coordination: Consistent treatment plans for each individual
- Community Resource Linkage: Referrals to local support for long-term success
- Psychiatric Services: Connections to outpatient psychiatric care
- Substance Abuse Prevention: Access to Certified Recovery Support Specialist
- Medication Management: Administered and supervised by professional nursing staff
- Transitional Living Homes: 2 local homes with 24/7 on-site staff
- Assertive Community Treatment: From professionally trained and licensed clinical support teams
- Employment Support: Help to create social support around an individual and specialized services for employment assistance and networking
- Therapy: Access to individual and group counseling
- Housing Support: Connections and assistance in finding available units
ALL clients who transitioned into the community asked to remain in NYAP services
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
In order to participate in FDDP, an individual must be:
- Medicaid eligible
- Over 18 years old
- Dealing with mental health issues
- In the process of being considered for discharge and possible admission to a long-term care (LTC) facility
- Willing to undergo assessments conducted by the Illinois Department of Human Services Division of Mental Health (DHS DMH)
- Willing to accept alternative community-based services
- Currently admitted to a psychiatric unit managed by one of our participating community hospitals
- AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center
- AMITA St. Joseph’s Hospital
- AMITA St. Mary’s Hospital
- Hartgrove Hospital
- MacNeal Hospital
- Insight Hospital & Medical Center
- Mt. Sinai Hospital
- Riveredge Hospital
- Riverside Medical Center
- Silver Oaks Hospital