- Complete a Foster Parent Assessment HERE
- Single, married, same-sex couples of any race or religion.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Receive an informational call from a NYAP Licensing Coordinator
- Complete an Application Packet including criminal history background checks, Driving Record and Child Protective Services checks
- Provide at least four (4) positive references
- Complete CPR, First Aid and Universal Precautions training (NYAP can provide you guidance)
- Provide a safe, loving, nurturing home and participate in a Physical Home Environment inspection, which includes assuring a minimum of 50 sq. ft. of bedroom space for each youth
- Be in good physical and mental health. Physician must complete a medical form for each household member.
- Complete 30 hours of pre-service training provided by NYAP
- Work closely with a NYAP Licensing Coordinator and participate in a series of interviews to aid in completing your home study.
- Provide documentation of financial security. Fostering should not become a financial burden as the State provides funds to care for the youth. There is no cost to become licensed with NYAP.
NYAP is actively seeking both English-speaking and bilingual homes for the following:
- Sibling groups