- Must be 21 years of age.
- At least one adult in the household must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Must have the financial ability to support your household without the reimbursement from being a foster parent.
- Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check including local, state and federal.
- Must not have a Child Protective Services history.
- Must not appear on the Sex Offender Registry.
- Must meet minimum health and safety requirements and have the physical space to allow a child or youth to have their own bed and ample space to store their belongings.
Qualified foster parents are also:
- Single, married, same-sex couples of any race or religion.
- In good physical and mental health.
- Able to demonstrate financial security.
- Able to clear a background study and provide positive references.
- Willing to complete a home study to ensure a healthy environment.
- Willing to participate in training before fostering and during the time as a foster parent. Training is provided at no cost.