Children's Mental Health Wraparound Services
Children’s Mental Health Wraparound is an innovative approach to providing child welfare and community services to youth ages 0-21 who have a mental health diagnosis, or an intellectual or developmental disability combined with serious behavioral or mental health diagnosis affecting them at home, school or in the community, and are at-risk of residential placement. This state program seeks to serve families in their communities by wrapping needed services and supports around them. Self-referrals and community referrals are welcome and encouraged.
Children’s Mental Health Wraparound is based on the evidence informed and evidence based National Wraparound Initiative.
WHAT CAN FAMILIES EXPECT?
● A team of informal/professional supports to rally around them and help them develop a plan for their family and youth.
● A voice that guides the decisions and the process.
● 24-hour support in times of crisis.
● A team that doesn’t give up.
● Children’s Mental Health Wraparound services are offered throughout West Virginia.
Learn more by visiting West Virginia’s Bureau for Health and Health Facilities website by clicking here