Since joining the NYAP family in 2015, ACTION Adoption has been the adoption arm providing comprehensive adoption and support services to families and birth parents. We believe that every child has the right to a loving, caring and supportive family to aid in their growth as a moral and productive member of society. Our commitment is to recruit families for waiting children in order to create‘ Forever Families’.
There are times when birth parents, because of their life circumstances, feel that it is in the best interest of their child to be placed in an adoptive home. Our agency supports this choice, and we offer support and professional assistance in helping those parents design an adoptive plan for their infant.
We believe in educating prospective and adoptive families as well as the community on adoption.
- Professionalism and courtesy by our qualified and experienced staff
- Weekly Adoptive Parent Support Group
- 36 hours of pre-adoptive training
- Comprehensive home study for domestic adoptions
- Networking with child welfare agencies nationwide to match children & families
- Counseling & family support as needed
- Assistance in adopting through child welfare agencies & private infant adoptions
- Supervision & court reports for adoption finalization
- Post adoption services, including referrals to area resources
- Annual Holiday Party in November celebrating National Adoption Month