Intensive Home-based Treatment (IHBT)
Intensive Home-based Treatment (IHBT) is a mental health service designed to meet the needs of youth with serious emotional challenges and who are at risk of out-of-home placement or who are returning home from placement.
What is the goal?
The goal of IHBT is to provide the necessary mental health services to enable youth to live in their homes in the least restrictive, most normative setting possible, while promoting positive development and family functioning.
IHBT Services Provided*
- Individualized, strength-based treatment plan
- Therapeutic services (in-home and community)
- Family & individual interventions
- Parenting coaching & skill development
- Case coordination
- 24-hour crisis support & response
- Medication Management available as a supplemented service.
*A comprehensive assessment will be completed prior to service initiation.
To see if this service is provided in your area, click here.