- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must complete a home safety check, background clearance and CPS clearance.
- Must have reliable transportation with proof of insurance.
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
Qualified foster parents are also:
- Single, married, same-sex couples of any race or religion.
- In good physical and mental health.
- Able to demonstrate financial security.
- Able to clear a background study and provide positive references.
- Willing to complete a home study to ensure a healthy environment.
- Willing to participate in training before fostering and during the time as a foster parent. Training is provided at no cost.