- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Adequate space in home for additional child.
- Financially stable (able to meet own family’s needs).
- Pass state and federal criminal clearances.
- Attend 21 hours of pre-service training.
- Open to fostering teens and sibling groups.
Qualified foster parents are also:
- Single, married, same-sex couples of any race or religion.
- In good physical and mental health.
- Able to demonstrate financial security.
- Able to clear a background study and provide positive references.
- Willing to complete a home study to ensure a healthy environment.
- Willing to participate in training before fostering and during the time as a foster parent. Training is provided at no cost.