- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- May or may not have children of their own.
- May work in the home or outside the home.
- Must complete and pass background checks according to Kentucky state rule.
- Provide personal references and references from any adult children.
Qualified foster parents are also:
- Single, married, same-sex couples of any race or religion.
- In good physical and mental health.
- Able to demonstrate financial security.
- Able to clear a background study and provide positive references.
- Willing to complete a home study to ensure a healthy environment.
- Willing to participate in training before fostering and during the time as a foster parent. Training is provided at no cost.