- Must be over 21 years of age.
- Provision of 2 personal letters of reference per foster parent.
- Have a dedicated bedroom and bedding for each youth in the home.
- Provision of a physical exam by your own doctor for any individuals with a pre-existing physical health or mental health diagnosis.
- Completion of all required training classes and supplemental trainings.
- Level 2 background checks to be completed for each person in the home over age 12.
- Lead child welfare agency must approve your license and the Department of Children and Families must sign off on your license.
Qualified foster parents are also:
- Single or married adult of any race, religion or sexual orientation.
- In good physical and mental health.
- Able to demonstrate financial security (monthly income and monthly expenses must balance without a deficit).
- Able to clear a background study and provide positive references.
- Willing to participate in a home study including a home health inspection.
- Willing to participate in training to earn and maintain fostering license in good standing. Training is provided at no cost.